Bootsplash?

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Mar 25 22:42:40 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 14:54 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Whats wrong with doing something with the framebuffer (like this) before
> we do the hibernate:

Well, one major problem is the fact that fbcon and X do not get along on
some hardware. In particular, using rivafb and native X nv together is a
guaranteed system lockup on all nVidia hardware I've ever tried it on.

Can't really use framebuffer for anything until this is worked out.

Seems to me you could just stick to good old VGA though. (svgalib...) Or
maybe just do graphics in textmode... (hint: change the font...)