Fedora core for the Itanium

Tim Burke tburke at redhat.com
Mon Mar 27 13:20:32 UTC 2006

William Lovaton wrote:

> How can I get test releases of RHEL 5 for testing
> purposes?  When are the test releases planned?
Test releases for RHEL5 are not yet available.  They should be available
in the summer.
> Is
> there any relevant mailing list?

We'll post an invitation here.
> Now that I know there is Oracle support in Itanium I
> can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  The funny
> thing is that RHEL has Itanium support while Fedora
> doesn't.  Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Fedora releases are driven by community interest and participation.
Whereas RHEL releases are driven by business.  It is a lot of work to
keep any release operational on a different architecture.  To date there
hasn't been enough community interest and active involvement in order to
get the job done.