GUI controls for instrumentation

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 18:52:16 UTC 2006

If your application needs an update rate of less than 1Hz (ie one
second or more between updates) consider SVG:

Take a look at these real time instrumentation demos from WPS Energy:
http://www.wpsenergy.com/JayNick/default.asp

Also:
http://www.anomaly.org/wade/projects/instruments/Instruments.svg

Advantage of SVG is that it's a thin client solution: ie you just need
IE + SVG Plugin or just Firefox 1.5+

Joe.