Fedora's way forward

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Tue Mar 28 11:51:30 UTC 2006

First off, thanks to Fedora and upstream developers for delivering the
best Fedora so far: FC5!

Please stay the course and keep Fedora free (in all senses of the word)
and fast paced. At least I like having an up to date and complete (or as
complete as possible) OS that doesn't depend on a whim of proprietary
software makers of the day, be that Adobe, NVidia, ATi, Sun, Citrix,
VMware, Cisco or someone else. Once we venture down that road, we'll
just get ourselves in trouble, IMHO. Third party proprietary software
that works with Fedora should be a temporary bonus (until the next
kernel/X/<insert you component> here source breakage in the upstream
release), not a given.

People that want operating systems that include/fully support
proprietary stuff should not run Fedora - they should run Red Hat
Enterprise Linux or something similar.

PS. Personally, I like the new Fedora logo and theme.

--
Bojan