Double dare ya, Fedora! And your art sucks!

sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 28 13:01:04 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:41:45 +0200
Leszek Matok <Lam at Lam.pl> wrote:

> So even if there are good free (speech+beer) formats, encoders and
> decoders, even if I do use Ogg Vorbis and Musepack (I've heard it's free
> now) on my computer, other people simply can't unless other multimedia
> hardware adopts the free formats. Until then many people have no real
> option. You may be lucky, I may be lucky, but others are less lucky and
> there's not much words can do ("education").

Naw.. you can buy really good portable ogg players today.. check out the
selection from iriver for example.

We should be concentrating on how to provide viable alternatives to
proprietary lockin.   There are _lots_ of other options if you don't
care about open source, including other linux distributions; use
one of them if you want mp3 out of the box [1].

On the other hand if you do care, then Fedora is a nice home for you
to collaborate with others of like mind.

Cheers,
Sean

[1]  Unless Eric is right and we can include an open source mp3 player
     without legal troubles.