Double dare ya, Fedora! And your art sucks!

sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 28 13:05:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:06:00 -0300
Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <casimiro.barreto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah... but the thousand flies that like SoundClick, PureVolume,
> 15megsoffame, etc... etc... etc... not to mention the Internet radios
> and other multimedia sites fell like compelled to use M$ or Apple OS X ???

We're trying to provide viable open source solutions to those that
care.   If you're life is so wrapped up in proprietary formats that
you can't extricate yourself then Fedora isn't for you.   But if some
day you get tired of proprietary lockin, Fedora will be happily making
the open source alternative better and better!

> Just as OS2 was superior of NT4.0... Hey... that's nonsense... most
> portable players just play MP3, WMA, WMV, MPG and AVI. The others are
> rare, expensive and have exotic interfaces... Not to talk about the
> digital sound systems that we have at home, at our cars, etc... Try to
> play OGG/Theora in your DVD player at home... Try to play OGG/Theora on
> your PS2... That's not educational problem that's practical problem...

For people that feel the need to do those things, then Fedora isn't
for them.   Personally, I've never felt the need to play my music on a
PS2 or on my DVD player.

Sean