Thinkpad, Thinkpad, Thinkpad

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 14:46:44 UTC 2006

Thanks -- the live cd tool could be very useful for testing coming up
to the next release. Perhaps we can compile a list of volunteers with
various makes of laptops to run some sort of live cd tests at the
test2 or test3 phase. I would be glad to to use my Thinkpad T41p for
testing -- as long as I'm back to a usable computer by pressing the
reset button.  Is a "fedora-laptop-list" warranted?

I had a quick look at Ubuntu 5.04 yesterday evening. There are a few
things there I think we could use:

1. They have a hardware test program which can be used to compile a
report which can be sent back to the development team, along your
comments on each of the tests.
2. There is a hardware browser (do we have something like that? I
can't find it if we do). This would be a *VERY* useful tool.

Joe.