The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management

Shane Stixrud shane at geeklords.org
Tue Mar 28 22:43:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Continuing to bring it up at the distribution level is a good way to
> never gain traction. Getting an up and coming application to bite the
> bullet and use your technology moves your project from "proof of
> concept" to "in use in the wild"

Please don't imply I give one wit if elektra is the correct solution or
not, because I don't.  My only interest is in discovering why this problem
hasn't already been solved and if anyone has a clue as to what the correct
solution would look like.

The simple fact is GNU/Linux could do much better on this front and
it appears we have no real plan or general consensus on how to proceed to
in address this issue on a global scale.

Shane