The Strengths and Weakness of Fedora/RHEL OS management

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 23:12:32 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Shane Stixrud <shane at geeklords.org> wrote:
> A serious question for you Jeff, would XML exist in any applications today
> if it were developed by a few people in some basement and the authors went
> around trying to convince upstream projects to use it?  Let's get real.

I said i was giving Elektra the benefit of the doubt. It could very
well be that their implementation is in fact not a useful
implementation and its not a compelling thing to use by either new
projects nor established projects... but I was trying to be nice.
Being nice is not my strong suit and everytime I attempt to be nice
miscommunication happens. Sorry about that. Let me try a style of
communication that I'm more comfortable with using the subtle nuances
of.

The discussion of this issue on the fedora lists is a waste of
everyone's time. Discussion of how to solve similar problems have
already happened in the context of freedesktop. If you spent a little
more time doing research instead of blowing hot air into this list you
would have discovered the D-Conf spec and related discussion and
followed up on it to see how its impacting upstream GConf development.
 All of which happens outside the scope of fedora.

-jef