Fedora's way forward

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Mar 29 14:26:59 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> said:
> OK.  So the next question is, do *Red Hat's* goals no longer include
> world desktop domination?  Because if that's true, I need to find a distro
> that hasn't ... er ... lost its idealism.

If they'd "lost [their] idealism", they might include some of the things
you are complaining about.  You want it both ways, and you can't have
that.

If you think MP3, Flash, and Java are the missing "killer apps" to make
Fedora Core the desktop for world domination, why don't you take Fedora
Core, and those bits (getting licenses as needed), and release your own
"Raymond Linux" distribution?  Since everything in Fedora Core is fully
redistributable, you are free to do that.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>