Fedora's way forward

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Mar 29 19:05:04 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 20:02 -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> OK.  So the next question is, do *Red Hat's* goals no longer include
> world desktop domination?  Because if that's true, I need to find a distro
> that hasn't ... er ... lost its idealism.

I don't think "world domination" has ever been our strategy or goal.  We
usually go for attainable goals like "make $FOO work", "be better at
$FEATURE than $COMPETITOR" and "make our users' lives less painful than
they were with the last release".

If the desire for world domination is your criteria, then you're right,
Fedora is not the distro you're looking for.  Have fun searching for a
new distro of which the developers share that mindset.

--
  Peter