Fedora's way forward

sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 29 20:19:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:12:03 +1200
Michael J Knox <michael at knox.net.nz> wrote:

> I am not ignoring nor am I misunderstanding the issue. Pretending it
> doesn't exist is not the answer, nor is mis-representing what people
> say. I am also well aware of the issues surrounding patent emcumbered
> software.

Nobody is pretending it doesn't exist; just stating emphatically that
the Fedora project isn't at all designed to do anything about it.   Period.

> Me personally? I use the gstreamer mp3 plugin (thanks Fluendo) for the
> very little mp3 use I need (like mp3's from record label websites and
> the odd pod cast)

Your choice of course, it just doesn't have anything to do with the
core Fedora project.

Sean

P.S.  I don't think Rahul was mis-representing anything Eric said; rather
      I think he was giving his characterization of the net-effect of
      Eric's request.   You can debate his characterization, but I don't
      think his intent was to deceive.