Fedora's way forward

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Mar 29 20:30:20 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 21:49 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> I think that the way to tackle this is to create a system where Fedora
>> can download codecs for users and will ask users if its ok to download
>> the nescesarry coded, show the license first, etc. This way we could
>> include realmedia support too, I'm sure real will be willing to offer
>> their codec for download in a suitable format.
>
> Contributory infringement.  You lose.

I was talking about fluendo, so this tool would help users to download
legitimate plugins, I also suggested that maybe we could convince real
to make real codecs available for such a semi automated install, so
there is no infringement here. Please read my post again, and next time
read before shooting a default answer from the hip.

Regards,

Hans