Fedora's way forward

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at gnome.org
Thu Mar 30 08:08:03 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 14:00 -0800, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> How about a discoverability of the package name of the month?
> Gstreamer people seem to receive sadistic pleasure from renaming
> packages.

What? For 4 years there was one plugin package called -plugins
plus one package called gst-ffmpeg.

For 0.10 we split the -plugins package into four as it was becoming
unmaintainable. Since that split we kept those 4 packages around with
the same names (base, good, ugly and bad).

How does that translate into 'package name of the month' ?

Christian