Adding overrides/child menus with gnome-menus

Jack Neely jjneely at pams.ncsu.edu
Thu Mar 30 21:33:59 UTC 2006

Folks,

I'm attempting to add child menus to the default menus in gnome.  I can
edit /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu but would rather not for obvious
reasons.  In RHEL 4 I'm able to put a .menu file into
/etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged per:

    http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/menu-spec-0.9.html

and that works quite well.  However, with current versions of
gnome-menus (2.13.5 and 2.12.0 I've tested) this method does not work.
The applications.menu file in FC5 references a applications.d directory.
However /etc/xdg/menus/applications.d does not work either.

Does anyone have any insight on how I can get this to work as described?

Jack Neely
--
Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>
Campus Linux Services Project Lead