'Commercial Partners'

sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 31 11:35:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 03:51:30 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> > $THIS_THING is a moving target.
>
> Yes. it certainly is.  In a few years, once we solve this problem, I
> expect to be back here trying to kick certain people out of their
> dogmatic slumbers with respect to the *next* market-share blocker.

Don't see any evidence of dogmatic slumbering within Fedora.  Just
a realistic appraisal of what can be provided and what is appropriate
to provide under the very clear objectives of the project.   You seem
to think your goals should be those of the project, but have given
nothing more than a world domination pipe dream as a reason.

There's a worthwhile and valuable group being served well by Fedora.
Those that want or need proprietary solutions aren't stopped from
getting them, they're a simple download the same as is required
on Windows in many cases.

There is simply no need to start the Fedora core project down that
slippery slope of providing or encouraging proprietary solutions.

Sean