Fedora's way forward

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Mar 31 17:51:28 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, den 31.03.2006, 12:36 -0500 schrieb Eric S. Raymond:
> Matthias Saou:
> > I think it's already all pretty simple... here's an example :
> >
> > 1) Go to http://freshrpms.net/ with firefox on FC5 (the default)
> > 2) Click on "click here"
> > 3) Enter your root password when prompted
> > 4) Run "Add/Remove Software" from the menu
> >
> > That's pretty much it.
>
> Remember, we're talking nontechnical users here.  If it's potentially
> this simple, good -- but finding the right stuff to install has to be
> even simpler.

And the user should not be confused with to many 3rd party repos that
are incompatible (yes, I know that's some people disagree with the
"incompatible" in the last sentence).

freshrpms and livna are not that different in politics. There are a lot
of packages present in both, but still some packages only exist in
freshrpms and some others only in lvina. merging those two (or at least
working closely together) seems like a good idea to me.