'Commercial Partners'

sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 31 17:53:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:30:30 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> > I don't believe I saw that in the Fedora manifesto.
>
> No, you didn't.  That mean I'm somehow not allowed to argue that
> the manifesto should change?
>
> I'm not doing this for my health, Andy.  Linux is in a fluid competitive
> situation with a lot of powerful enemies.  It's grow or die.  I'm trying
> to avoid "die".

But you're making some rather unsupportable assumptions about whether
the changes you desire will really lead to the outcome you hope for.
You've also made grand statements about world domination, or desktop
market share that you must know yourself are laughable at best.

You've refused to acknowledge that there are other alternatives
in the Linux landscape already doing the exact same thing you want
Fedora to do.  And you've refused to articulate why every
distribution must follow this same course of action.

Linux already has healthy choice for everyone. You're trying to
take choice away from people.   You're trying to take the choice
of having an open source only distribution away from the people that
would choose it.   Please just go promote one of the other
distributions that already embraces your vision, there is no
reason to try to convert Fedora.

Sean