Fedora Core package cleanup project

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat May 13 08:30:45 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 17:42 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> I'm announcing the start of a new QA project, and I'm asking for your
> help.
>
> In the past, Core packages have not been held to the same standards as
> Extras. We want to fix this! We're starting by cleaning up the spec
> files so that Core packages can all be built using Mock.

I would like to see some tracker bug, like filesystem blockers.

IE - my understanding is that database servers, web servers, ftp
servers, etc. should make use of /srv

for example - Apache default content dirs should
be /srv/www/{cgi-bin,html} - and the icons/default error pages etc.
should be /usr/share etc.

Also - I think gnome games puts its score files in /var/lib/games
instead of /var/games (but extras use /var/games for score files AFAIK)