Fedora Core package cleanup project

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Sat May 13 08:36:13 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 14:54 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> Is this cleanup just targeted at getting things to build in mock for
>> now or should other points on the packaging guidelines also be filed if
>> noticed?
>
> JUST BuildRequires please.  This will make it much easier to validate
> the patches coming in.  This is the first step in a longer process.

When you want to discover other missing points in the packaging guidelines,
I have written a small script to automate these QA checks. It tries to be
the "rpmlint" of Fedora Extras packages (but it only operates on srpms)
You'll find a more detailed description on my wiki page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AurelienBompard

It still gives a lot of false positives, but it can be helpful (at least it
was helpful to me)

If you use it, let me know if there are things to improve.

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves
on a rainy Sunday afternoon." -- Susan Ertz