question about creation of updated DVD iso

Hans Kristian Rosbach hk at isphuset.no
Wed May 24 09:45:03 UTC 2006

> On Wed, 2006-05-24 at 11:06 +0200, Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:
>
> > But I am glad to see that I have helped some people.
> >
> > I am considering making respins for FC5 aswell, but with the lack of
> > cooperation from fedora or community members it's currently on hold.
>
> There is both actually. Fedora Unity project seems to be already
> producing respins.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2006-
> May/msg00186.html
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2006-
> May/msg00251.html

Yes, so they claim. However I have not been able to locate
much info about these isos.

I also don't know whether they use the official FC5 anaconda rpm
(with its bugs) or their own rebuild of it. And if it is a "private"
rebuild, I just don't like the idea as it raises a lot of concerns.

Oh, and I'll have to correct my previous statement. I met a lot
of cooperation from Rahul, and I am very thankful for that.
Unfortunately we could not resolve the problems (see previous threads)
by ourself.

I will most likely make private respins for use in-house, just like
what we had planned the FC4 ones to be. We have a pretty strict
policy about knowing the origins and details of packages.

-HK