What's up with elfutils?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sun May 28 16:54:52 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 09:35 -0700, John Reiser wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > If you think there is any issues that needs to be discussed as part of
> > Fedora development feel free to do so especially if you are willing to
> > contribute towards resolving any such problems.
>
> Remove elfutils from Fedora Core.

So, you're saying that anything which isn't controlled by Fedora
shouldn't be shipped in Fedora Core?

I guess we might as well stop trying to ship anything then as we don't
have direct control over *most* of what is shipped.

Note that elfutils is directly required by a number of packages within
Fedora Core and thus can't just be removed

Jeremy