License question

Fri May 5 11:59:29 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I don't know what the best Fedora list is to ask this question, because
on the project website i didn't find a list that really fitted this
topic.

A while back i said i was working on a Open-Xchange version that could
work with GCJ, so that in the end it could be included in Fedora
(extras). Some parts of Open-Xchange , the HTML, pictures, docu, are
under a CC license. The "Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5” to be
exact ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/legalcode )
Now some Debian people have a problem with this license as described
here; http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary.html
The question is does Fedora accept works that are (or partly are) under
the mentioned CC license?

In the case of Open-Xchange we are talking about ~3.5MB of pictures and
HTML code, which is tightly coupled to java backend code (that is
GPLed). So rewriting the frontend is just a waste of time and writing a
new groupware would probably be faster (especially since there still has
to be done a lot of work to make it compile with GCJ).

If there is a better place for this question please let me know.

- Erwin