License question

Fri May 5 13:48:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 15:33 +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 03:20:03PM +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:
>
> > Yes finding a good Free groupware is not easy, I would almost dare to
> > say there are no good Free groupwares :-/ They all have some problems or
>
> True, or maybe we have to add "not yet".

Yeah FOSS can do anything, just "not yet" ;-)

> > missing features, most of them have the "major pain to setup" problem
> > though, like OGo.
>
> It's the same in the ERP world, looking an Compiere, tinyERP, etc. :-(.
> And the "interesting" combinations of free and non-free things...

Yeah lot of companies seem to use FOSS as advertising "Our Free GPL
blabla" and with a closer look all the good features are closed source.

> B.t.w., not sure why RH has not yet put (al least not visible) some
> of their resources on properly packaging something like OGo, as
> groupware would be a welcome addition to RHEL too and I think it
> *is* doable, although it will cost some effort.

Yeah especially now Fedora has a great Directory Server and with the
upcoming Samba 4 the next thing missing is a good groupware/ERP. These
would be the perfect features for a small business, and if those
businesses grow they are perfect clients for Red Hat.

Maybe RH should not only look for someone to manage Evolution but at the
same time someone for OGo and make them work together so Evolution
integrates perfectly with OGo.

- Erwin