License question

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sat May 6 07:25:04 UTC 2006

Jos Vos wrote:
> On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 02:35:00AM +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:

>> rights reserved.">
>>
>> IANAL so I can not judge if those "tags" would overrule the general
>> COPYING file that mentioned the GPL, or if the COPYING (and also the
>> license information of the website, which is now updated btw) would
>> overrule those tags.
>
> If a license was included for the whole package, without mentioned
> exceptions, these copyright statements won't change that.  Copyright
> and license are in fact different things.

IANAL, but I agree. If you think this groupware is worth it, I would say
try to find others who agree (the Debian packager for a start) build a
small team and fork it. Don't forget to make much noise about the fork
on every Linux related site (send out a press release) so that you can
quickly build a _real_ community.

Regards,

Hans