License question

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 6 16:34:56 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 15:33 +0200, Jos Vos wrote:

> B.t.w., not sure why RH has not yet put (al least not visible) some
> of their resources on properly packaging something like OGo, as
> groupware would be a welcome addition to RHEL too and I think it
> *is* doable, although it will cost some effort.

Not sure what Red Hat long term plans are in solving the problem of
proving good open source groupware solutions if it indeed gets around to
doing that based on customer demands and other strategic considerations.
Usually there are more than enough problems to solve that Red Hat has to
prioritize between them. The advantage and plan of Fedora is that people
outside of Red Hat can help solve these by leveraging whatever
infrastructure and other work that Red Hat already does within the
Fedora space and thats exactly what is happening now.

Rahul