Rawhide status

Kjartan Maraas kmaraas at broadpark.no
Sun May 14 11:02:08 UTC 2006

lør, 13,.05.2006 kl. 07.43 -0500, skrev Mike Chambers:
> I tried a couple of things in rawhide this morning...
>
> 1 - updated evolution/evolution-data-server and kept getting an error
> about...
>
> undefined symbol: g_type_register_static_simple
>
> 2 - Also tried a rawhide install this morning, but anaconda wanted to
> use vesa driver on my video (ATI Radeon 9000 Pro) and couldn't find it.
> Then proceeded to use text mode and it crashed.

I saw the same thing with this in a laptop:
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon IGP
330M/340M/350M

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 938, in ?
>     anaconda.intf.run(anaconda.id, anaconda.dispatch)
>   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/text.py", line 512, in run
>     rc = win(self.screen, anaconda)
>   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/textw/network_text.py", line 271, in __call__
>     ns1Entry.set(network.primaryNS)
> NameError: global name 'network' is not defined

I got this one if I chose to use DHCP for eth0, but not enable the
interface at boot time, did you do the same? My install continued when I
left both boxes checked in that dialog.

Other things I noticed:

- Couldn't find '/' in any of the scandinavian keyboard layouts (could
be me not knowing where to look though)

- Seems like some files are plain missing from rawhide. I installed the
FC5 versions of them and got up and running after a lot of manual trial
and error. The files are: libX11-* libXmu-* libXt-*

- gdk-pixbuf.loaders and pango.modules were empty, causing a lot of
problems. Programs having problems were
referencing /etc/pango/pango.modules, but the file was
in /etc/pango/$arch or something? Is that the right place for them? Same
for gdk-pixbuf.loaders

Cheers
Kjartan