FC5 ISO Re-Spins

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon May 15 15:16:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 09:05 +0200, Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 00:01 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> *snip*
> > I get similar results when trying to do the same for ppc on x86_64.
> >
> > Is this considered a bug in pkgorder? createrepo works fine cross-arch
> > (or at least seems to do so). Should I file a bug?
>
> The utils have not been made with cross-arch building in mind and will
> not work by design. I hope it will be remade to work cross arch but
> from what I saw when investigating it it would not be an easy task.

Correct.  We'd like to get there, but there's some non-trivial work to
be done.

> What I consider a bug however is that it does not just check arch and
> tell you it won't work. Would be much cleaner imho.

If it's not in bugzilla... ;-)

Seriously, file a bug and we can easily make it error out if you're
running on an incompatible arch.  But I know that by the time I finish
catching up with mail, I will have forgotten about this.

Jeremy