question about creation of updated DVD iso

Robert 'Bob' Jensen docs-list at fedoralinks.org
Tue May 16 17:15:35 UTC 2006

Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> I have read instructions at
> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/gene_czarcinski/update_distro/
> I have basically one question: how to update the vmlinuz and
> initrd.img files to put under isolinux directory of CD/DVD, so that
> the installation kernel is the 2111 one and not the default 2054?
> Do I have to compile the kernel source rpm with any specific target?
> I remember in rh el 3 I was able to use a specific config file for the
> installation kernel...
> but it seems it is not here in Fedora.
> Is it the i586 one? And what about the initrd.img file generation?
> Thanks in advance for your answers.
> Bye,
> Gianluca

The instructions you have referenced will not work on Fedora Core 5,
Anaconda has changed. The Fedora Unity Project (http://fedoraunity.org/)
will be releasing updated "respun" ISOs with in the next week, the i386
has completed testing, once the x86_64 is tested they will be announcing
on the announce list.

Robert 'Bob' Jensen
Fedora Documentation Project
Fedora Release Notes Editor-In-Chief