Where to start with making a device driver

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue May 16 20:59:36 UTC 2006

I have just purchased a Royal ezVue5 PDA (I don't exactly think it
deserves the genre of PDA, but oh well) just for the sole purpose of
writing a driver for it to connect to it LInux side via USB. Of
course, it comes with a CD for Windows drivers. But.. not exactly a
Windows person. I know some C++, and I am learning more (CS major). I
prefer python, but would exactly say that I am better in it. I learned
to code in Pascal/Delphi.

So what I want to ask of this is where do I start? What do I read up
on? What do I need, etc. I have been bored lately (waiting to get
accepted to G-SOC) and this is the only interesting coding project
that I could think of.

Please advise.

Arthur Pemberton

BTW, if there is a better list for this, point me there. Just that
Fedora is my distro of choice.

--
To be updated...