rpm broken ?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed May 17 02:04:19 UTC 2006

On 5/16/06, Frank <Frank at lists.sytes.net> wrote:
> Today i noticed on FC5 with all updates:
>
> [root at client ~]# rpm
> rpm: error while loading shared libraries: libsqlite3.so.0: cannot open
> shared object file: Error 27
>
> locate libsqlite3.so.0
> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0
> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
> [root at client ~]#
>
> Regards

The first thing to see is if selinux logged a problem?

Look in dmesg or do a

audit2allow -d

to see if it caught any thing. I do not see any problems with updates
myself at the moment on my 20 machines... but something local might
have spewed stuff. More first step if selinux caught something is to
check that the md5sum is ok (hard when rpm is what is needing it..)
and then trying a restorecon -v /usr/lib/libsql*

> --

Stephen J Smoogen.
CSIRT/Linux System Administrator