Sun JRE or JDK to enter core, or at least extras?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed May 17 22:28:33 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> said:
> On 5/17/06, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> >  - Present for acceptance any end user licenses that are part of the
> >    JDK, if such licenses are included in the generic install bundle
> >    provided to you for repackaging.
> >
> >Click-through license required - not acceptable, especially during
> >install (how would an automated kickstart even do this?).
>
> If the same trick the rpms for flash use is acceptable, then there
> isnt a problem.

Somewhere I think it said the license had to be accepted "before
install".

> -jef"not holding his breath"spaleta

Given all the other issues, I don't think it really matters.  The
conflict with GCJ and such is a much bigger issue; I don't see Fedora
dropping GCJ or the alternatives system that allows either GCJ or the
Sun JDK for development.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>