Sun JRE or JDK to enter core, or at least extras?

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 17 23:23:41 UTC 2006

On 05/17/2006 11:28 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> said:
>> On 5/17/06, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:

>> -jef"not holding his breath"spaleta
>
> Given all the other issues, I don't think it really matters.  The
> conflict with GCJ and such is a much bigger issue; I don't see Fedora
> dropping GCJ or the alternatives system that allows either GCJ or the
> Sun JDK for development.

According to this note by Simon Phipps that's not true:

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/webmink?entry=jdk_on_gnu_linux_something#comment3

Quotation from the comment:

"No, it's OK to distribute along with GCJ, GNU/Classpath and so on -
that was one of the explicit intents of the new license as that was
previously the chief obstacle to distribution with GNU/Linux."

More details at
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/webmink?entry=jdk_on_gnu_linux_something

Regards,
Dariusz