Recent AIGLX Breakage?

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu May 18 00:35:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 20:21 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> I had aiglx working fine on my laptop for quite a while now. I've got a
> ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 Lf [FireGL 9000] but within the last
> week, I've succumb to the everything-is-blue-with-metacity-compositing
> enabled bug. Anyone else had it working and then have it recently break?

Ohh, I've seen this on my ATI mobility and I have a stacktrace from GDB
sitting at work.  I thought it was just my bad luck having a card that
is busted with aiglx but it is nice to see that is is a regression.  Can
log into failsafe xterm mode, ssh in from another computer as your user
and run these commands:

export DISPLAY=:0
export XAUTHORITY=~/.Xauthority
export METACITY_SYNC=1
gdb metacity
gdb> run

Metacity should crash at some point (if it doesn't try to grab the xterm
window and move it around).  After it crashes run this command in gdb:

gdb> bt

Open a bug and attach that output.  Thanks.