FC5 and IBM x366 Video Problem

William Lovaton walovaton at yahoo.com.mx
Thu May 18 03:10:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have some IBM xSeries 445 at the office and it is recommended that you
use the vesa driver instead of the ATI driver (with FC3).

However I had the very same problem with FC5 and the kernel was crashing
in the init procedure.  Try removing some of the boot options so you can
see the exact message (eg: rhgb and quiet).  For me it crashed randomly
at boot.

-William