Back to 6 month schedule?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue May 23 15:13:48 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 13:24 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> E.g. always
> release one week after each Gnome-Release

This is extremely distasteful from a rel-eng and QA perspective.  We
have to have our bits done about a week before we can release to the
world, so you're asking us to take what Gnome Upstream releases and in
the same day add them to the distro, spin a release, and send it out to
the world.  That has 'eat my babies' written all over it.  Case in point
FC5 release.  We had to scramble to get the latest gnome released
packages in, and many of them did not go in just because 'too many
changes to be comfortable with this'.  Ideally we'd be reaching test2
right around the time Gnome makes their release.  That lines up with a
feature freeze and gets those fresh bits out into the hands of the
testers to give us a list of stuff to fix for Test3 and the resulting
release.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora