Resource sharing for two users logged in locally simultaneously

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue May 23 16:08:50 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, Matthias Saou
> Yup. It's not as user friendly as if the same login screen could be
> used by multiple users, then have some kind of "switch login to other
> active session" in some menu, but it wasn't that hard to teach my
> girlfriend to switch between Alt+Ctrl+F7 and Alt+Ctrl+F8 to find her
> desktop.

fast user switching is actually available in gnome 2.14 via
gdm-flexiserver and is exposable in the screensaver and as a menu
entry via a compile time options. The menu entry and the screensaver
support are delibrately turned off in Fedora exactly because all the
peices to make dealing with device permission policy are not there yet
(ie PolicyKit).

Skim http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/en/rnusers.html

-jef"gdmflexiserver -n is my favorite command ever"spaleta