Future Fedora Development

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at zie.pg.gda.pl
Wed May 24 14:29:17 UTC 2006

Dnia 24-05-2006, śro o godzinie 19:14 +0530, Rahul Sundaram napisał(a):
[..]
> Are you claiming that its ok to violate licenses as long as the other
> end doesnt have lawyers? If its a license violation, it should be fixed.
> Period.

No. I'm claiming only: *if* [1] now openssl violate licenses and moving
only few from hundriets projects to gnutls changes nothing on this area
but changes distribution (makes them worse) on technical level.

[1] word *if* is importand in this case because openssl is distributed
under Apache-style license (BSD license derivat). If openssl breaks
anything on this area probably apache braks this too.
Also look on: http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#LEGAL

For me moving to gnutls hang only on "Some GPL software copyright
holders claim that you infringe on their rights". So question in this
case is: are this people are lawyers or not and anyone must care on this
or not ?

kloczek