question about creation of updated DVD iso

Robert 'Bob' Jensen docs-list at fedoralinks.org
Wed May 24 16:07:55 UTC 2006

Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:

> Yes, so they claim. However I have not been able to locate
> much info about these isos.
>
> I also don't know whether they use the official FC5 anaconda rpm
> (with its bugs) or their own rebuild of it. And if it is a "private"
> rebuild, I just don't like the idea as it raises a lot of concerns.
>
> Oh, and I'll have to correct my previous statement. I met a lot
> of cooperation from Rahul, and I am very thankful for that.
> Unfortunately we could not resolve the problems (see previous threads)
> by ourself.
>

> I will most likely make private respins for use in-house, just like
> what we had planned the FC4 ones to be. We have a pretty strict
> policy about knowing the origins and details of packages.
>
> -HK

Hans,

Yes right now our re-spins are *private* until testing can be completed.
We are using a slightly modified testing matrix that was used by Release
Engineering to make sure the ISOs are of a quality that deserves the
Fedora name.

If you are interested in contributing to our effort feel free to contact me.

--
Robert 'Bob' Jensen *        * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BobJensen
gpg fingerprint:     F9F4 7243 4243 0043 2C45 97AF E8A4 C3AE 42EB 0BC6