RFC: Making the xfs font server optional in Fedora Core and its derivatives.

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu May 25 00:24:47 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Mike A. Harris <mharris at mharris.ca> said:
> I figured emacs would be the killer. ;)

What about xterm?  You can't break xterm! :-)

xterm links against libfreetype and libfontconfig, but if I stop xfs or
clear the X server font path, xterm will not start.  I still use plain
old 6x13 (aka fixed) as my terminal font of choice.  Is there a way to
get the equivalent font without old-style core fonts?

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>