Making LDAP easier to use

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Thu May 25 21:05:40 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> Unfortunately, it's not like you can write a couple of
>> new applications and you're done.  It would take some
>> commitment by a distribution such as Fedora to bring the
>> small bits together.
>
> A distribution is just a means for people to work together. Talking
> about nice ideas without development isnt going to go far.

You are right.  In my free time, I could contribute a
list of existing interoperability and usability
issues.  I could file them as Bugzilla entries and
create a meta-bug to group them together.

Would something like this be useful as a starting
point?

I could also go a step further and attach a few small
configuration patches for the individual package
maintainers to apply.

Fixing code issues requires familiarity with several
projects, which I don't have.  Extending the Fedora
administration tools requires Python, which I don't
know.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/