What's up with elfutils?

Robert Scheck fedora-devel-list.listman at linuxnetz.de
Sat May 27 11:43:48 UTC 2006

Hello Nicholas,

On Fr, 26 Mai 2006, Nicholas Miell wrote:
> A crazy license, no documentation, no web site, no mailing list, no CVS,
> no real presence besides a RPM, a bugzilla component, and the occasional
> mention on the SystemTap list.

did you ever have a look to elfutils-0.120/{AUTHORS,THANKS}? Red Hat is
upstream for elfutils and developed by Ulrich Drepper and Roland McGrath.
Both are also glibc developers or even maintainers (see /lib/libc.so.6).

> Why is this being used instead of the other (more sensibly licensed? I
> can't tell, I have no idea what the elfutils license means.) libelfs and
> libdwarfs that are available?

Huh? Do you have other elfutils than me? GPL and OSL as far as I got from
the elfutils spec file in Fedora Core and rest seems to be explained after
reading the comments of elfutils-0.120/libdw/dwarf_attr.c for example.

> And where does one go to get bugs fixed, because I don't think bugzilla
> is it. (Although, I think this may be a bugzilla privileges issue.)

Whenever Red Hat is upstream, Bugzilla is the used bugtracking tool. Sorry,
that I'm not really able to get your problem...

Greetings,
  Robert