A sole, standard proxy library for Fedora

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Sat May 27 13:48:59 UTC 2006

Dnia 27-05-2006, sob o godzinie 15:33 +0200, Aurelien Bompard
napisał(a):
> How about having a file in /etc/profile.d, say proxy.sh and proxy.csh (yeah,
> that's two, well, you get the point) containing this:
My tcsh reads its profile only when it starts up. It means I have to
close every session I have in order to use the change. I thought this
thread was about preventing this (and not introducing :)) using a
library that re-checks the configuration every time any application
tries to download something, without the need to restart it. Your
proposal not only demands that I have to cancel and restart e.g. wget
-c, it also requires me to log out and log in again. That's unacceptable
for some people.

I know I can just source the files any time I want, but we're talking
about doing things automatically :)

Lam