Just a word about YumApplet

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 28 12:55:47 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 08:06 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 17:28 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> > > Incorrect.
> > >
> > > 1. yum-updatesd has been written and it's more or less complete at this
> > > point
> > > 2. jeremy has been working on the applet over the last couple of weeks.
> > >
> > > so a lot of is going on w/it.
> >
> > Would be nice to have a way to keep track of these developments. Maybe a
> > announcement to fedora-maintainers list and here when you guys start
> > working on major projects?
>
> I checked it into yum-cvs and talked about it on yum-devel, briefly.
> It's not a fedora-only project so I didn't feel compelled to tell anyone
> other than yum-devel.
>
> also I wouldn't consider this a major project, it's just not that much
> code, thus far.

It might not much have much code but it is project that has a user
visible component that provides a important functionality. If
announcements about such development is made it helps in more than one
way

The community can understand what work is being done and get involved
Documentation team can document these changes in the release notes and
other documents
Ambassadors can talk about it etc.

Rahul