Extras i386 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2006-05-29

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue May 30 10:58:23 UTC 2006

Michael Schwendt wrote :

> On Mon, 29 May 2006 23:19:01 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
>
> > extras Rawhide-in-Mock Build Results for i386 Mon May 29 23:00:43 CDT 2006
> > Number failed to build: 176
> > Number expected to fail due to ExclusiveArch or ExcludeArch: 1
> > Leaving:  175
> > (there may be some duplicates if rawhide has 2 versions of a package)
> >
> > Of those expected to have worked...
> > Without a bug filed: 173
> > ----------------------------------
> > abe
> > alacarte
> > amaya
> > anjuta-gdl
> > balsa
>
> -snip-
>
> Note sure what the goal of this rebuild attempt is. Extras buildsys uses
> mock for a long time. So every package in Extras has built successfully in
> mock before. Most (if not all) of the rebuild failures you've caught here
> are due to updates in Rawhide, such as compiler updates or API changes.
> This report is misleading.

...or the minor differences in the minimal set of packages used. I've
checked the failure of one of my packages (lighttpd), and found out
that it's because pkgconfig wasn't installed. Typically something
simple that we need to reach consensus on (and probably a package
somewhere providing a .pc file but not requiring pkgconfig).

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.89 (Rawhide) - Linux kernel 2.6.16-1.2221_FC6
Load : 0.78 0.70 0.63