[ANNOUNCE]: FC6 ia64 ISOs available

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Nov 2 15:20:52 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 02 November 2006 10:03, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>> are the src.rpm's also available somewhere? (you know, that open source
>> thing ;) Also, are there plans to make expanded trees available? I tend
>> to use those a lot more than isos....
>
> The same srpms are used as the shipped FC6 ones.  Unified srpms.

Sounds good to me but just a FYI

''... Warren Woodford, the founder of the MEPIS distribution, would
prefer to be concentrating on polishing his latest release. Instead, he
is distracted by an official notice from the Free Software Foundation
that, because MEPIS has not previously supplied source code for the
packages already available from the distribution it is based on -- once
Debian, and now Ubuntu -- it is in violation of the GNU General Public
License (GPL). Woodford intends to comply, but he worries about how this
requirement might affect all distributions derived from other
distributions -- especially those run by one or two people in their
spare time. ...''

http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/06/23/1728205&tid=150

-Andy