rawhide report: 20061118 changes

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Mon Nov 20 14:33:05 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 11:28 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-11-18 at 06:16 -0500, buildsys at redhat.com wrote:
> > * Fri Nov 17 2006 Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> 2.3.0-1.fc7
> > - Update to 2.3.0 from upstream.
> > - Add nouveau userspace header.
>
> Hey, looking good. What's the consequence of this? We can start hacking
> nouveau[1] easily? Or am I getting excited over nothing?

That too.  Or, if you just want to run it, you can do that too ;)

The nouveau driver requires a DRM component in the kernel (the good
kind, not the RIAA kind), which I have more or less merged and am really
just waiting for the kernel to be in a buildable state before pushing to
rawhide.  After that piece lands, the xorg-x11-drv-nv package will
install two drivers, nv and nouveau, similar to the i810/intel bundle.
As mentioned later in the thread, nv will still be the default.

So basically, if you want to work on nouveau, all the source and all the
buildreqs will already be set up for you.  Yay!  If instead you just
want to try it and compare, you can do that too.  Also yay!

No DRI support yet, but that's coming, I hear.

- ajax