DriveReady SeekComplete Error

Deepan codeshepherd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 03:12:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 10:59 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 01:00:56PM +0800, Deepan wrote:
> >  I get this Input/Output Error while trying to copy files from my cdrom.
> > Mounting the cdrom works fine. I can see the files. but when i try to
> > copy them i get input/output error.  I have the same problem with almost
> > all CDs.dmesg reports the following.
>
> Video CD of some kind, or mixed audio video ?
Its a movie DVD.  Is it possible to have some kind of lock in the file
to prevent it from being copied or played. The movie rental guy says the
CD can only be played on a DVD player, not on computer.

> > ATAPI device hdc:
> >   Error: Illegal request -- (Sense key=0x05)
> >   Illegal mode for this track or incompatible medium -- (asc=0x64,
> > ascq=0x00)
>
> Thats normally "tried to read an audio or video track as data"

Regards
Deepan Chakravarthy N
http://www.codeshepherd.com/
+65-96770940

Software Developer,
Nova Global Pte Ltd,
Technical & Scientific Computing Solutions,
#05-04 Keypoint, 371 Beach Road, Singapore.
web: http://www.novaglobal.com.sg/

Have Fun, Play Sudoku :) http://sudoku-solver.net/