compiz window settings

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 4 11:57:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

I tried this question on the main fedora list, but with no response, so I'm
hoping the more techy people here can help me :)

I want to try and control which windows compiz includes in some of its visual
effects, such as the scale and switcher plugins.

Looking with gconf-editor I see that these plugins have a list of the window
types they will include. However, I have no idea how different application
windows get assigned to one of these types ? Could someone point me to where
these sort of things get set up ?

cheers Chris