600X (V) Video Issues

Chris Schumann chris at idlelion.net
Sun Nov 5 03:30:37 UTC 2006

I've got a ThinkPad 600X with FC6 installed. Video mostly works.

The video chip is the NeoMagic MagicGraph 256ZX (NM2360) with 4MB VRAM.

First: The Gnome task bars display garbage when I set them to any level of
transparency. They work fine when solid. FC5 did not have this issue.

Second: After a suspend/resume, the consoles are garbled. It's as if there's
a loose video cable, but weirder. FC5 did exhibit this problem. I can post a
picture if it will help.

Tips and pointers on who to talk to or what to fix are most appreciated.

Many thanks,
Chris Schumann